Filament Spectrum PC/PTFE 1.75mm NAT 0.75kg
- Spectrum PC/PTFE is an advanced polycarbonate-based (PC) composite filament with the addition of PTFE commonly known as teflon.
Filament Spectrum PC/PTFE
High temperature resistance and abrasion resistance
Spectrum PC/PTFE is an advanced polycarbonate-based (PC) composite filament with the addition of PTFE commonly known as teflon. The high demand and limited availability of additive manufacturing materials with very good mechanical properties, with particular emphasis on high abrasion resistance, led to the efforts aimed to combine great properties of PC and PTFE. Polycarbonate provides high mechanical resistance and PTFE complements other properties by reducing wear and friction.
The applied modifications ensure improved thermal stability of printed parts, increased electrical insulation and higher chemical and water resistance. Due to its properties, Spectrum PC/PTFE filament is a material for a wide range of industrial applications. Materials printed using the PC/PTFE filament can be machined for a perfectly smooth surface. The use of this type of material makes it possible to manufacture parts with relatively complex geometries while maintaining relatively high dimensional accuracy.
To attain the very attractive properties of Spectrum PC/PTFE, as regards the technical aspects, you need to follow the basic storage rules for such materials (in a dry and dark place with humidity below 15%). To obtain the best parameters of the printed object possible, it is recommended to dry the material prior to work.
Tip: It is recommended to print using a heated chamber.
- low processing shrinkage (linear) approx. 0.6%
- heat deflection temperature (HDT)- 140°C
- Vicat softening point - 145°C
- flammability rating UL 94 (3.0mm) - V1
- electrical resistance 1E12 Ohm
- static coefficient of friction - 0.18
- dynamic coefficient of friction - 0.14
- high abrasion resistance
- high mechanical strength
- very strong lamination of layers
- manufacturing low friction parts
- manufacturing parts providing heat, electrical and thermal insulation
- manufacturing low-load gears and transmission elements
- manufacturing tools used to assemble components during the production process of
- end-use parts
- functional prototyping
The filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. The filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product is packed in the original, foiled Spectrum Filaments packaging.