Filament S-Flex 85A 1.75mm BAHAMA YELLOW 0.50kg
- Spectrum S-Flex 85A is a filament based on a thermoplastic polyether polyurethane.
Filament Spectrum S-Flex 85A
Flexibility with very good impact strength and thermal insulation
Spectrum S-Flex 85A is a filament based on a thermoplastic polyether polyurethane. In the area of additive manufacturing, S-Flex 85A is a material characterized by a relatively easy and failure-free 3D printing process. An additional advantage that allows obtaining a perfect printout is very good adhesion of the first layer of the printed part to the working space, regardless of whether it is made of glass, steel, plastic or other material.
Low processing shrinkage and high flexibility significantly reduce the risk of the so-called curling up of the edges of manufactured parts. The distinguishing feature in the filament name 85A – relates to the hardness of the material on the Shore scale and classifies Spectrum S-Flex 85A in the category of hard elastomers. This property from the point of view of the 3D printing process reduces the risk of filament deformation in the insertion system leading the material to the printing head. This enables a slightly faster printing compared to other, more compliant elastomers.
Parts made of Spectrum S-Flex 85A are characterized by very high resistance to hydrolysis (a kind of degradation caused by the presence of water), good recyclability and very good resistance to dynamic forces. Thanks to these properties, it is possible to 3D print parts that protect surfaces exposed to impact (bumpers, sharp edge guards), sealing and protective elements with high chemical resistance, as well as thermal insulators.
- high resistance to hydrolysis
- up to 650% elongation at break
- Shore-A hardness of 85
- high tensile and tear resistance
- low shrinkage
- resistance to many common industrial oils and chemicals
- reduced stringing while the printer is running idle
- manufacturing of seals with a high chemical resistance
- production of items, which has to be used as energy adsorbents
- functional parts
- all kinds of bumpers, vibration dampers
- protective cases
- snap-fit parts
- bumpers and flexible spacers,
- sealing parts with increased stiffness,
- spring-damping elements for use in machine production and modeling,
- flexible bands with high strength,
- covers and housings for various devices,
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly significant impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axes with ±0.8µm accuracy, which allow obtaining a high-quality final product. To prove this, Spectrum Filaments, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, has introduced the possibility of online presentation, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.