Filament HIPS-X 1.75mm GYPSUM WHITE 1kg
- HIPS-X (High Impact Polystyrene X)- filament exhibits many of the same characteristics as ABS, but does show superior impact resistance and hardness, in comparison. It also has good dimensional strength and heat resistance.
Filament Spectrum HIPS-X
High impact reistance
Spectrum HIPS–X is a support material designed for additive manufacturing for FDM/FFF technology. It is usually used as support for components manufactured with ABS, where HIPS-X supports are dissolved in the citric acid solution (D–Limonene) upon completion of the manufacturing process. Further, you can use Spectrum HIPS–X as a base material for manufacturing of components which require a reduced processing shrinkage as compared to ABS.
Spectrum HIPS-X shows a high impact and compression resistance. It also enables to obtain matte surfaces with a reduced layer visibility. Much like ABS, HIPS-X allows for mechanical treatments such as grinding, turning, milling etc. The low hardness of printed items makes it easy to separate material sections with sharp tools.
- improved aesthetic qualities with the matte surfaces of the printed items
- lower shrinkage rate than classic ABS
- possibility of mechanical treatment (drilling, turning, milling or grinding)
- thermal resistance – HDT B 88°C
- Vicat softening temperature - 96°C
- high impact resistance
- energy absorption and dissipation capabilities
- good for large prints
- fully soluble in D-Limonene
- matt surface
- support material for ABS
- industrial applications which require impact resistant components or components with a capability for partial energy dissipation
- concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products
Mainly used as a support material, Spectrum HIPS–X is also designed for industrial applications which require impact resistant components or components with a capability for partial energy dissipation. Due to its low hardness, HIPS–X may be used in arts, specifically in sculpture.
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly large impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axis with ±0.8µm accuracy, what allows to obtain a high-quality final product. As a proof of this, Spectrum Filaments has introduced, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, the possibility of presenting online, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.