Filament PLA Pro 2.85mm BLUE LAGOON 1kg (RAL 5018)
- Spectrum PLA Pro is a material based on modified PLA dedicated to the manufacturing of filaments for 3D printing. The changes allowed to achieve satisfactory properties, the advantages of PLA and ABS were successfully combined.
Filament Spectrum PLA Pro
Improved heat resistance and high impact strengt
Spectrum PLA Pro is a material based on modified PLA dedicated to the manufacturing of filaments for 3D printing. Through the orientation of the chemical composition of the material to achieve satisfactory properties required for additive manufactured items, the advantages of PLA and ABS were successfully combined. It is thus feasible to obtain a high impact resistance of printed items with a high tensile resistance and substantial rigidity, which is typical for PLA-based materials.
The changed chemical composition has improved the flowability of the material, making the filament suitable for industrial application which requires good mechanical strength properties, high printing efficiency and first of all the possibility to increase the printing speed in order to boost the additive manufacturing process capacity.
Filament PLA Pro can be treated at high temperature using a heating chamber. After the model crystallizes, it is characterized by increased thermal resistance (up to 85°C) and almost twice higher resistance than standard ABS.
*Uneven heating can lead to unexpected deformation and sub-optimal performance of printed parts, please ensure absence of hot / cold spots in the heating chamber. Typical time to anneal parts with a wall thickness of approx. 3.2mm is on average 20 minutes.
- good alternative for styrene-based materials
- increased thermal resistance (up to 85°C) – post annealed
- extremely high impact resistance as compared to classic materials based on PLA
- impact resistance nearly 50% higher than classic ABS material)
- high durability comparable to ABS prints
- higher process capacity due to the possibility to increase the printing speed (as a consequence of improved flowability)
- perfect side surface
- better adhesion between layers allowing for smoother side surfaces
- easy separation of the object from the bed
- functional prototyping
- concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products
- industrial design
- parts that require high impact strenght
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly large impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axis with ±0.8µm accuracy, what allows to obtain a high-quality final product. As a proof of this, Spectrum Filaments has introduced, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, the possibility of presenting online, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.