Filament Spectrum PET CF15 1.75mm 0.75kg
- Spectrum PET CF15 is a black through-dyed material based on polyethylene terephthalate. It is the easiest-to-print material filled with carbon fibre on the market.
Filament Spectrum PET CF15
Very strong and rigid
Spectrum PET CF15 is a black through-dyed material based on polyethylene terephthalate. It is the easiest-to-print material filled with carbon fibre on the market. It presents no retraction issues and does not require a heating chamber. It demonstrates a perfect surface finish directly from the printer, thus reducing the need for further treatments.
Spectrum PET CF15 is compatible with support materials such as HIPS-X and can be used to print very strong and rigid items. It features a low impact of moisture and temperature on dimensions. PET CF15 filament may undergo additional treatment to improve its mechanical properties.
To attain the very attractive properties of Spectrum PET CF15, as regards the technical aspects, you need to follow the basic storage rules for such materials (in a dry and dark place with humidity below 15%). To obtain the best parameters of the printed object possible, it is recommended to dry the material prior to work.
Tip: Due to the essential content of shredded carbon fire, it is recommended to use nozzles with diameters exceeding the standard value of 0.4mm. The presence of carbon fibre may also cause the wear of brass nozzle, thus it is recommended to use stainless steel nozzles for prolonged application of Spectrum PET CF15.
- low processing (linear) shrinkage of 0.1%
- high temperature up to 125°C for short-time operation
- a relatively high resistance to thermal ageing
- high Z-strength
- high hardness, stiffness and creep resistance of printed elements
- chemical resistance to lubricants and oils
- good tribological properties, including dry friction conditions such as in slide bearings
- very robust interlayer lamination
- excellent impact strength
- water absorption below 0.3% (23°C / 24h)
- automotive industry
- components of textile
- office machines
- precision apparatus
- end-use parts
- functional prototyping
Filament wound on a transparent PC spool. The spool contains information about the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Each reel is packed in aluminium vacuum bag with ZIP lock with a silica gel inside.
Due to the high carbon fiber content, it is recommended to use nozzles with a diameter exceeding 0.4 mm.
The presence of carbon fiber can also cause wear of the brass nozzle, so it is recommended to use stainless steel nozzles for long-term use of PET CF15 filament.