Filament Spectrum HIPS-X 1.75mm GYPSUM WHITE 1kg
- Spectrum HIPS-X (High Impact Polystyrene X)- filament exhibits many of the same characteristics as ABS, but does show superior impact resistance and hardness, in comparison.
Filament Spectrum HIPS-X
High impact reistance
Spectrum HIPS–X is a support material designed for additive manufacturing for FDM/FFF technology. It is usually used as support for components manufactured with ABS, where HIPS-X supports are dissolved D–Limonene upon completion of the manufacturing process. Further, you can use Spectrum HIPS–X as a base material for manufacturing of components which require a reduced processing shrinkage as compared to ABS.
Spectrum HIPS-X shows a high impact and compression resistance. It also enables to obtain matte surfaces with a reduced layer visibility. Much like ABS, HIPS-X allows for mechanical treatments such as grinding, turning, milling etc. The low hardness of printed items makes it easy to separate material sections with sharp tools.
- improved aesthetic qualities with the matte surfaces of the printed items
- lower shrinkage rate than classic ABS
- possibility of mechanical treatment (drilling, turning, milling or grinding)
- thermal resistance – HDT B 88°C
- Vicat softening temperature - 96°C
- high impact resistance
- energy absorption and dissipation capabilities
- good for large prints
- fully soluble in D-Limonene
- matt surface
- support material for ABS
- industrial applications which require impact resistant components or components with a capability for partial energy dissipation
- concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products
Mainly used as a support material, Spectrum HIPS–X is also designed for industrial applications which require impact resistant components or components with a capability for partial energy dissipation. Due to its low hardness, HIPS–X may be used in arts, specifically in sculpture.
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.