Filament Spectrum Smart ABS 1.75mm SILVER STAR 1kg (RAL 9007)
- The specific qualities of Spectrum Smart ABS version demonstrates improved processing parameters which considerably reduce the difficulties which accompany the additive manufacturing using the standard ABS.
Filament Spectrum smart ABS
Durable and impact resistant
The specific qualities of Spectrum Smart ABS include a high impact resistance and relatively high rigidity. “Smart” version demonstrates improved processing parameters which considerably reduce the difficulties which accompany the additive manufacturing using the standard ABS. It is essentially the lower shrinkage and reduced emission of irritant volatiles during processing. An unquestionable advantage is that the material retains its properties at temperatures down to -40°C.
Compared to standard ABS, smart ABS is characterized by:
- reduced shrinkage ratio,
- shiny surface of the printout,
- lower printing temperature,
- increased flow rate.
- high impact resistance and rigidity while retaining a relatively high dimensional accuracy
- high gloss of external surface
- reduced warping ratio (0.5-0.7%)
- HDT - 85°C
- VICAT - 93°C
- good interlayer adhesion, especially using 3D printer with heated chamber
- low water absorption
- easy post-processing (grinding, drilling, sawing)
- manufacturing of all kinds of enclosures, guards, protectors and other similar items subject to impacts
- possibility of mechanical treatments allows to produce items to facilitate and help conduct installations, i.e. handles, rules, gauges
- end-use parts
- industrial design
- custom components
The possibility to conduct chemical treatments (acetone vapours) on Smart ABS provides for extremely smooth surfaces of printed items. Hence, items treated as above are used in the industrial design and broadly defined decoration-related industry.
Filament is reeled on the neat, transparent spool. Each spool contains information on the type of material, diameter and recommended printing temperature. Filament is vacuum-packed with a moisture absorber. Whole product packed in the original, folied Spectrum Filaments packaging.